According to ISO 19011 Annex A.3,
auditors that intend
They must have the knowledge and skill
needed to examine
The following examples illustrate the
kind of knowledge and skill that
1. Understand environmental terminology.
2. Understand ecosystems and biodiversity interactions.
3. Understand environmental media (e.g. air, water, land etc.).
4. Understand measurement and monitoring sciences.
4.1. Understand environmental metrics and statistics.
4.2. Understand measurement and monitoring techniques.
5. Understand risk management methods and techniques.
5.1. Understand environmental impact evaluation methods.
5.1.1. Understand significance evaluation methods.
5.1.2. Understand life cycle assessment methods.
6. Understand product stewardship concepts and methods.
7. Understand pollution prevention and control techniques.
8. Understand waste management practices and processes.
8.1. Understand reuse, recycling, and treatment methods.
8.2. Understand source reduction and waste minimization.
9. Understand how hazardous substances are being used.
10. Understand greenhouse gas emission management.
10.1. Understand greenhouse gas accounting methods.
11. Understand environmental performance evaluation methods.
12. Understand environmental reporting and disclosure issues.
13. Understand renewable energy and low carbon technologies.
14. Understand environmental design concepts and practices.
15. Understand natural resource management methods.
Please note that these are only
examples. No attempt has been made
Praxiom Research Group Limited email@example.com 780-461-4514
Updated on January 17, 2016. First published on May 24, 2012.
Legal Restrictions on the Use of this
Copyright © 2012 - 2016 by Praxiom Research Group Limited. All Rights Reserved.